June 29, 2010

Storm on the horizon

Living in TX you would think I would be used to hurricane season, it just isnt so. I HATE this time of year, mostly because of all the humidity but the storms are something else. I love the summer thunder storms it is the big ones in the Gulf that always have me on edge. Looks like we are in for a lot of rain in the next couple of days from a tropical storm if Alex hits where they think it will. I have learned a thing or two after Ike and I will have some extra canned food on hand given we were without power for two weeks because we have above ground power lines and HUGE trees in the area. I DO look forward to staying home and playing with the kids and maybe crafting some new items since I am finally getting better after having been sick for a week and a half. For anyone in the areas about to be hit with a soon to develope hurricane you are in my prayers.
                                                                God Bless

No comments: