July 05, 2010

Traditions

As a kid growing up we had a couple of traditions and I look back at them fondly, as a parent I wanted to have traditions my kids look back on when they have their own children and smile as well. We have several traditions in our house, and since moving away from our families we even instilled a few more. Like letting the kiddos pick their favorite place to eat out on their birthdays, going to the local park for the Easter egg hunt, a pot of chili ready to go before we head out on Halloween (although in TX it is still hot this time of year but we still hold this tradition) a new ornament each Christmas Eve for each of the kids to hang on the tree that will be theirs when they move out, and of course going to the pool and heading out for fireworks on the 4th. We usually do the home town parade but with the remnants of hurrican Alex still dumpping rain like crazy we had to skip this on Saturday this year.
I look forward to many more memories created with my children who are my three little muses and make my life worthwhile. Of course I had to make a cute little 4th of July outfit for the younger ones, heck I would have made something for my oldest however she is very picky about what she will wear and clothes by her dear old mom are no longer "cool" although she does like my new hair accessories line designed for moms and kids. I hope you all had a wonderful July 4th as well and I want to say thank you to all of those in the armed forces past and present who have fought for our freedom and liberty!

No comments: