August 07, 2011

Forever Maxi Dress Pattern

I just released my latest pattern and the reviews from testers has been stupendous! They all loved how easy it was to make. They thought it was great that from one pattern there were so many options! There are 3 different strap options. You can choose a cute little ruffle sleeve (which should be compliant with most school dress codes regarding widths) or you can do the ties at the shoulder. That is one of my fave options as I love to layer and this is super simple to layer over. You can also do it with halter ties as well. The testers were so happy at the size ranges available. This one goes up to a 9/10. I have modified it a bit for my oldest child as it is THAT versatile that a teen even likes the design. Then there are three hem options to boot and the best part...it can double as a maxi skirt as your child gets older. This option works best when the dress is made as a halter or with the ties.

I have personally been making these dresses for almost 3 years for my 2 girls. They both love them. With the age difference in my children my oldest prefers something simple and my youngest loves the ruffles and the twirl factor. There is something there for everyone! You can whip this one up in a little under an hour and a half and I plan on offering this in some DIY's as well. Thanks so much to all the testers I had who are now making up my new sewing circle on Facebook...they are an amazing bunch of women!

No comments: