July 19, 2011

Little Lizard King Pattern Review

I recently had the privilege of testing a wonderful ruffle dress pattern from the extremely talented Little Lizard King on Etsy. I must say not only is this one of the most fun patterns I have had a chance to play with, it was SO easy, that it could be whipped up in about an hour or less. How perfect would this dress be for a party, wedding or back to school! We did layer it with a tee underneath for a fall look and paired it with some fun little boots. If you want to get this same look I suggest making the bodice once size larger to allow for room.

My favorite part of this pattern is being able to use that super fun ruffle fabric that is all the rage. You can find it here (www.rufflefabric.com) and because the fabric is usually 54" wide you will need less that a yard to whip this dress up!

This dress can be taylored to your desired length, and what is even better, ruffle fabric does'nt fray like woven cotten does so no need to hem! Just make sure to cut with your scissors and not a rotaty blade on this one.

Will I make this pattern again? MOST DEFINATELY! Not only was it fun and fast, my daughter was in heaven. Thank you Liz for sending me the fabric as well to try out your pattern. My bug fell in love with this dress the moment I showed it to her. The only thing I did differently was I had a stash of crochet flowers still floating around and I decided to add one to the bodice.....it was incredibly cute alone, or I am thinking some cute buttons too!

I own most of LLK's patterns and I can say this, they are all great, easy to read and follow and if you EVER need some extra help, she is just an email away! I have been fortunate enough to have developed a friendship with the owner Liz this past year and I can say she is one of the kindest, sweetest and BUSIEST ladies I know. She never ceases to amaze me and has been so kind as to mentor not only myself in my pattern making endeavors, but several others as well. Make sure to follow her on Facebook as well for special promotions and to stay up to date on new pattern releases!
www.facebook.com/littlelizardking . Let her know Hailey Bugs Closet sent ya, and dont forget to pick up a pattern or two from her! I will say her knot dress pattern is my FAVE go to pattern!

No comments: