July 24, 2010

Organizing

I have been organizing every weekend for the past two months....

My craft supplies were growing out of control. I had more fabric than I could squeeze into the bins and the organized color coded bin system just wasnt working out like I had hoped. I was in desperate need of a craft room overhaul. I had tubs under my sewing table as well just overflowing with tons and tons of delicious fabric I was dying to use and just couldnt find. One day in the fabric store I thought wouldnt it be wonderful to be able to see all of my stuff like this, then it hit me why not.


All fabric was photographed so I could display it on Facebook for my fans to see for custom requests, that was a job in and of itself and I had some help from my good friend Kayla at PuraVida Photography. Check her out, she does gorgeous work and not just on fabric lol, http://www.puravidapix.com/. Then I needed to make mini bolts and find some shelves large enough to contain it all. I needed some additional plastic tubs to sort and organize things like hats, felt and applique pieces as well as smaller fabric pieces.  After getting it all on the shelf I realized these tubs needed to be labeled so I wasnt digging through them trying to find just what I wanted.

My girls were amazing and such big helps during this overhaul. My oldest helped make mini bolts and my youngest would had them to me and the fabric too. My oldest daughter took to wrapping the bolts and organizing them by color. It was a big job and there was NO WAY I could have done this without my wonderful girls! Thank you both! Of course I still had more fabric coming in and it all needed to be photographed and wrapped. Well last night we finally finished. I was so please with the end result. I even have all my shirt blanks hanging up and organized by size and my finished products as well, although I am in need of one more rack or at least one with two tiers as I dont think another rolling rack will fit. Thank you to Kayla and my kiddos for helping me get this done, and this includes my little man as well for hanging out with mommy and making her smile through it all. So what do you think?

No comments: